Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

evenmore (ABCD)     18 April 2013

Validity of a will

Dear Experts,

I have a question here..

My grand father has three children. My mother is the eldest daughter and she has two brothers.

My maternal grand father has written a will of the self acquired property in favour of two sons. He passed away last year and the will was hidden from my mother until last month. This WILL was registered in the registrar office.

He has completely omittied my mother's name in the will. He did not even mention that he has a daughter. He has just mentioned his wife and mentioned he has two sons.

I read somewhere that the WILL is not valid and can be challenged because he has not mentioned all the family members in the WILL. The mental status of the person writing the will comes into question if he forgets to mention all his family members including his children.

I also suspect that the will was written by someone and got his signature. He was an educated person though.

Kindly suggest what are the options available for my  mother ?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     19 April 2013

To bear with it is the best option.

evenmore (ABCD)     20 April 2013

Thanks Ajit Singhji.

Can you please suggets legal means available for me ?

satyanarayan Raman (construction Manager)     28 April 2013

Sometines Will's r wrirtten to avoid internal family quarrels, near & dear ones get it registered for vested interests,still i feel a self aquired property should be equally distributed among all the children irrespective of Will made or not.

Rgds

SVR

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register