Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reformist !!! (Other)     27 November 2013

Using pursis during cross examination

Hi Friends,

If anyone is aware about Pursis, can anyone comment how can i use Pursis effectively during cross examination of my wife in a civil case ?

She has given affidavit as her chief in a civil matter.

Pls guide me how can i screw her in this matter ?

Regards,

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 November 2013

Mr. Reformist,

No idea about what you want to clarify, what is pursis?, you mean pursuit?  Pursuit means an act of pursuing;

; as per Sec 48 of Cr. P.C. a police officer may, for teh purpose of arresting without warrant any person whom he is authorised to arrest, pursue such person into any place in India.

If she has given an affidavit in her chief, you cross examine her on the basis of information provided in the affidavit and also on her pleadings, petition/plaint averments, allegations and other circumstantial materials.

manish jeswani (lawyer)     17 May 2014

Hello

By way of pursis certain facts are brought on  ecord which are otherwise not permitted by court. If during cross examinations questions are disallowed by court without taking it on record, the pusis or precipe can be files on record narrating the question asked or whatever one needs to brought on record. 

So you can use pursis only if in cross certain qs at not permitted by judge to be taken on record and it is necessary for your defense and which will also help you to point to superior courts that qus were disallowed by court and pursis was also filed and court can be convinced that fair trial was not conducted and matter can be remanded back. Hope your querrie is solved.

Regards

Mannish

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     17 May 2014

Learned Mr.Tajobs India has gone in length explaining about Purs(h)is in this very same forum.Please refer this and its possible uses

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=25790#.U3d_ck63TMI

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register