Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498 A fighter (Advocate)     04 December 2014

Use of citation/judgement

My query is as:

Wife filed 498A, Trial started now and notice/ summons issued to wife for witness

it is in lower court

i am having citation of 482 exactly matching with the case

my question is will these citation will be considerd in lower court ,

[ my doubt is 498a trial is there and citation or judgement are of 482 , conditions of cases are almost same so will judge gave decision by considering all citation or judgemnet of 482 in trial decision]

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

WRT citations, it goes like this.  All SC orders judgements should be followed by all lower courts.  But each case different.  One can use any judgement, but according to my experience, it is left to the discretion of the judge whether to take into consideration SC citations or not.  Some agree, some don’t, but all such judgements hold good only at appropriate levels.  If you are citing HC judgement, it will be considered at only that level, there is no obligation for the lower court to follow each and every order of Honorable HC or SC.  That being said, if the lower court does not order based on citations, the petitioner is only left with option of appealing to the higher court.

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     05 December 2014

it is upto your lawyer how efficiently he can argue with the limited judgements in hand because you are referring other section in 498a case 

may be case story is almost equal but hear you should understand 

498 A fighter (Advocate)     05 December 2014

@Adv k . mahesh

but cases go to  high court just after lower court order/judgement/decision if any body agrrieved by it so in criminal case though section is different by the case is same.

thats why i already told in trial will order/judgement/decision under sec482 for the same case will be considered or not.

example: suppose i am facing trial in 498A, at any stage i can go to HC under 482 but if i show to lower court that in another case for the same case HC gave such type of decision and i show almost from all High court of india so what will normal process?

i know it is not complusory for judge to follow the same but may i assume that he will do exact to it i mean consider it, ?

as we have to submit our side by thinking positive-- and i want to know that how much positive should we think on such facts?

no matter whatever be actual result - what are Pros and cons of this type of process...?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 December 2014

You are referring to two different laws.  The citation is for 482 and not for 498a so it may not be appreciated by court.  However, you don't need to produce any citation at this early stage of trial before the trial court, you can think about producing the citiation of settled laws at the time of argument of the case.

1 Like

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     08 December 2014

Section 482 Cr.PC is exclusive jurisdiction of the High court, it cannot be invoked by Trial Court.  Hence the citation for 482 is not helpful if you quote in Trial Court pleadings.

498 A fighter (Advocate)     09 December 2014

then in this for 498A we are not having any citation/judgement because mostly people will go for quash of order in 498 , quash of chargesheet or FIR.

in High Court ,498a trial judgements are diffucult to find..

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     09 December 2014

While the case is pending in TC you can apply for quash for FIR under S.482 in HC.  If HC quashes, then no trial will be conducted by TC

498 A fighter (Advocate)     10 December 2014

i had prepared to go to HC for 482, but latter we chose to face trial because if i got releif form court then claim for damges will be reduce as justice is given to me, but after trial we have chance to go for perjury and to claim civil as well as criminal damages. we can file cases on opposite party under many section and in that way they have no excuse for their escape,

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     25 January 2015

You are such a knowledgeable man.  Why are you seeking advice?:)

498 A fighter (Advocate)     25 January 2015

Originally posted by : chandrasekhar

You are such a knowledgeable man.  Why are you seeking advice?

sir whatever i understood and get it is form experts advise some are from this forum some form out side , i am not law graduate by the case i am contesting gave some knowlede about this and by well known say " little knowledge is always dangerous" so i am seeking advises from forum,

by discussing the facts i am showing my present situation/conditions or i am pretending my views that i am going to act like this or that,

and i am sure this is not a limitation for seeking advice.

i am seeking advice from you also if you have any?

your question is just like if patient say to doctor that by eating one type of food give pain to stomach and took this type of drug..............which may cure to me though you had advice injection but if prefer such drug it may relax may.

By patients such statement doctor wont say when you know this then why you come to me for treatment?

as patient need it in better way he came to doctor even if he may/may not [might heard] that some drug may cure/relax him.

so same is my case and if you have any solution please provide it. and welcome it.

if it suits me or in my hand I may go accordingly but again by saying that i have ful knowlege about any condition is not  way to escape form giving any option if you have............

i am not sure about my openion thats why i am asking you?

i think you understood what i want to convey ,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register