LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran Kumar (Manager)     15 July 2014

Urjent: link documents for property


I have finalized a newly constructed independent house for purchase and took the documents from the land/house owner, went to eseva and took the encumbrance certificate (EC), found one discrepancy in the linked documents, please see below

In the 1987 person A sold this plot x to Person B

In the 2007 person C sold this plot x to Person D

In the 2012 person D sold this plot x to Person E

In the 2013 person E sold this plot x to Person F

Now Person F is constructed a house and selling, there is a discrepancy  in the year of 1987, Not sure how person C got this plot and sell to Person D, if purchase this, do we have any issues, please answer asap

Thanks In advance




 5 Replies


1). Pl scrutinize minutely property bought by F is properly executed I.e stamped n registered n free from all encumbrances. 2) If possible take search report of prop. for last 30 years from advocate. 3) To be more deligent, give news paper public notice if anybody has claim they shud notify within 10/15 days. If not go ahead. 4) If wish, u may contact for consulting. Hope u r satisfied. ADV JEEVAN. PATIL

SATENDRA KUMAR MISHRA (Advocate)     16 July 2014

Dear Kiran, 

You have to get a complete chain of documents regarding the sale of the property in question. You can verify the correct status from the office of Sub-Registrar if the documents are stamped and registered. 

Triloknath l pandey Adv. (Legal Officer.)     17 July 2014

Obtain title search report since its originality of first owner till date. Having gt search report from local advocate U will find all such details abt previous transactions and U will be in a position to take ur decission..... If U finds everything fine then give paper publication and thereafter go fr its purchase......

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 July 2014

You may consult a local advocate who is well versed in the property and realty laws.  Produce all the papers before him, clarify each and every matter which is looking suspicious and then proceed as per his opinion.

Kiran Kumar (Manager)     17 July 2014

Thank you all for your advise, i have gone through all the linked documents and found that the C is the heir of the ancestor who purchased in 1957, so it went to court and court decre the property to the C.documents seems to be clear and planning to go ahead and thinking to give it in the news paper.

Thanks a ton



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads