LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Stardust Motion Pictures   10 October 2020

Urgent rti query

Greetings to all! I am a resident of Co-operative housing society situated in Delhi. I submitted an application to obtain certain documents from the society office. I haven't received any reply from the society office. I would like to file an RTI for the same. Here are some queries that I am not aware of. 1. Is the President and Secretary of our society Public Information Officer in this case? 2. Who will be the First Appellate Authority in this case? 3. Please provide a solution, what should I do? 4. What legal actions can be taken against the management committee or president of the society for this inconvenience caused to us?


 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 October 2020

Forget about RTI, you are a member of society and you can address such a letter requesting for inspection of such Books/Registers as you are a member and having such rights.  You can address the letter either to the President and secretary.  If he fails to arrange for an inspection you can make a written complaint to the Registrar of societies.   Wait for a reasonable time and explore the possibility of filing a consumer complaint against society under CP Act.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 October 2020

Q 1. President of the Society is PIO.

Q 2. Registrar Cooperative Societies, GNCT of Delhi, Parliament Street, New Delhi

Q 3 File an appeal under section 139 of the Delhi Cooperative Societies Act, 2003.

Q 4 Obtain penal orders in appeal.

If you feel so, may contact me (on appointment) with relevant records for professional consultancy and necessary proceeding at Chamber No 647, Dwarka Courts Complex, Sector 10, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075 Cell # 9891152939 email: or visit JCV 



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register