Upgrad LLM

urgent help needed - marriage laws

Dear Legal Experts,


I need some sincere advice from you.I have a 


cousin brother who works in a software firm in 


Noida.He is very innocent and good boy.His 


marriage was fixed with a girl(just verbally) 


from Delhi.However,after talking to the girl on 


phone he realized that the girl is very ill 


mannered and has a lot of attitude.So he decided 


to say no and told his parents.They told the 


girls father that they are not interested to 


pursue the matter further.2 weeks back while he 


was coming out of his office,he saw that

the girls father and her uncle(who is a central 


govt employee in delhi)were waiting for him 


outside his office.They forcibly went with him to 


his room and started threatening and abusing 


him.They also pressurized him to say yes for 


marriage and then left.Now my brother is very 


scared and does not know to do if they come 


again.Please advise. 

Interested in Family LAW

Lodge a police complaint in the police station citing harassment. Just imagine the attitude of the parents before marriage just see yoourself running around court and police station after god. Just say thanks to god you came to know abot them b4 marriage.

Lawyer at Supreme Court of India



It is very common these days, need not to worry, just ask your cousan to inform them through a legal notice or any formal means of communication that he is not interested in pursuing the matter any further and ask them not to approach him.

If after receiving the communication, they approach then file a police complaint with a proof of the communication.

Advocate kapil Chandna


Total likes : 1 times


1. Your cousin has already been threatened & abused for refusing to marry which is an illegal act,


2. Lodge a police complaint to this effect immediately.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x