LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Benidict benidict (Abcd)     29 March 2013

URGENT HELP: Christian Boy and Hindu Girl Marriage

Dear Friends, Iam from Tiruchirapalli, TamilNadu. Presently I work in a overseas country. I am a Christian. I love a girl who belongs to Hindu religion. We both love each other for the past 5 years.  We both are Major and degree holders. Both are working. Without converting to either any religion. Can we do a marriage legally. What are the procedures. Anyone please guide me step by step.. Iam so much confused. Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     29 March 2013

Apply to local SDM office for marriage under Special Marriage Act. They will explain everything.

www.mehnat.in

P.K.Rakhi. (Asst. Professor)     29 March 2013

Hi

You can marry according to the provisions of Special Marriage Act .You need to produce your documents to prove your age, identity etc. before the subregistrar of either of your place of residence or your native and give an application. It will be put on the notice board for 30 days and after that you again need to go there and complete the procedure before the expiry of 90 days. Only then your marriage will be considered to be solemnised. Not only that according to Christian Marriage Act only one of the parties to the marriage need to be a christian for solemnising the marriage.best of luck.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 March 2013

either of you may convert to other religion and marry as per  customs of that religion or both remain in own religion and go for Spl marriag ACT.

Mango (Consultant)     29 March 2013

Greenwin @ These kind of marriages does not run for a long time and end-up with a major disaster..... Either it could be a criminal case or orphan kids running on the streets or single parent kids. If you are in love with each other for more than 5 years and still not able to change your religion because of religion love then you won't able to substain this relationship after marriage for more than 2-3 years.... Better to get out of this relationship... I can sense the differences in your relationship... You have cultural differences as well...

One of my friend's sister died in such intercaste marriage! Families can't control themselves "after" marriage... Intercaste marriage is not just a pre-marriage problem, it's a big "post" marriage issue....

Dude, don't do the same mistake which lot of people have already done... Learn the lesson from other's mistakes... Be smart, be wise... Don't ruin both of your lives!

Mango

ragz hyder (PM)     29 March 2013

Good one Mango and Greenwin consder it in the right light.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register