LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lone warrior (Student)     05 October 2023

Urgent help

Hi, Can anyone tell me if a foreign job providing consultancy has commited a period of within 9 months to provide the job then if still not able to provide the job , is it liable to pay for loss of time and money for period exceeding 9 months towards the candidate ?


 4 Replies

Udita Gupta (Lawyer)     05 October 2023

You can file a case of Cheating against the company. You can also file a consumer case for deficiency in services provided.


At first read the CONTRACT DOCUMENTS which you signed with the foreign party before commencement of the job. Is there any arbitration clause in the contract documents ?

Please note that such cases don't come under CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT or CIVIL LAW or CRIMINAL LAW etc. May be you require the help from the Indian Council of Arbitration, New Delhi 

Your question is hazy too.

Sriprakash Bhattacharya 


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 October 2023

The terms and conditions that were signed by the applicant with the company has to be seen for giving a proper opinion.

However if the company has orally assured with the said time period and not fulfilled the same then also the applicant can initiate legal action against the company including dragging the company to consumer forum or giving a complaint with the local police

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     06 October 2023

Is there any contract ? If so, what are the terms and conditions ?

Nothing can be presumed by experts to form proper opinion without pursuing the document to oblige.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register