Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek sharma (na)     27 June 2021

Urgent advice needed

my wife has done some police complaints one day as we both have done big fight .

police have come to my home and they have said me to provide few clothes and daily belonging to her. and after that my wife went to her parents house.

i am very confused, as I have not received any fir or complain copy on that day. 

and now i have checked online and found that no FIR has been done. Maybe she has done normal complaint.

i want to know is she is allowed for normal complaint? and can this complaint converted in FIR in future

 9 Replies

Adv Abhishek Sevda (Lawyer)     27 June 2021

Where are you from

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     27 June 2021


If your wife hasve any grievances against you then she can complain against you. Depending on allegation police can register FIR against you. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 June 2021

Experts in the forum can not foretell the likely step by your wife.  Please come back if you receive any such notices, and congratulate yourself for not involving with a harassment complaint from your wife.    She is silent for the present and may proceed further as per the parent's guidance.  Compromise can not be ruled out, and at this point of time, she is not retaliating and remained calm.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     28 June 2021

go and check with concern police station if there is any FIR against you or not

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     29 June 2021

Just wait and watch till you get a summon /call from police / Court.

Consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents and professional advise.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 June 2021

The Police have only tried to settle the issue. If at all a FIR has been lodged, you will hesr from the Police or the Court in due. Until then, there is nothing to be bothered.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 June 2021

It appears tht your wife has immediately rang up the police when the quarrel broke between you both.

The police rushed up to the spot and found that this is just another petty quarrel between the husband and wife, they intervened and and made arrangements to solve the problem without registering FIR or taking any further legal action if the things could be solved this way.

As they expected, the things were solved hence they have closed the complaint as solved between the parties.

If at all she wants to follow it up again then she may have to file a fresh complaint 

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     01 July 2021

1. File for Divorce Proceedings, on grounds of Wife threatening & abandoning you ELSE you can expect the same from your Wife, in near future.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Kevin Moses Paul   02 July 2021

As per the scenario that you're dealing with, you need to the following steps in order to be sure that there's no legal issue coming your way, alright.

1.) Don't trust the online FIR sites too much, visit the police station in person and get to know what sort of complaint your wife made against you.

2.) Ask the police officials, in case there's an FIR registered against you (to be sure).

3.) In case, there's no FIR registered, then you may contact your in-laws or wife, and talk to them about compromise.

4.) If by any chance, you come to know that the complaint is False or a false FIR has been made, then in such case proceed to consult a Legal Practitioner.

However, things doesn't seem to be that worse in your case, so most probably a compromise is gonna work out your marriage.

And always remember, that fights do take place in every relation, but one must have courage to admit his/her wrong and correct them.

With that being said, hope everything gets fine, and the information provided helps you out.

Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query