Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raju kumar (chairman)     04 August 2021

Update aadhar necessary to mutate my will

Sir, 

I am raja pandian, 42 yrs old. I am complete paraplegic, cant able to sit stand & walk. And am living in water bed since 2005. My father wrote a will in favour of me and registered in sub registrar office. 

In the will my father wrote as, after my demise my house (with full details) belongs to his third son G Rajapandian. (The will is in tamil font & my name is in tamil font as க ராஜபாண்டியன்)

Now my father is not alive, i want to go for mutation of the house.

But i have only two proof of identity. My voter id card & aadhar card.

In my voter id my name is as G rajapandiyan

In my aadhar card my name is as G rajapandi

My original name is G raja pandian

I have no proof of identity in this name.

1) Can i change my name in aadhar card without proof of identity by visiting aadhar enrollment centre, or do i need any POI.

2) Does aadhar mandatory for mutation of will & registration of property sir.

After lot of struggles, now only my brothers accept to transfer property in my name.

Need ur opinion sir

Learning

2 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   04 August 2021

As per the situation you've explained above, I would like to enlighten you about Aadhar Card and it's characteristics. Basically, an Aadhaar is a 12 digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. The number serves as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India.

It is a free of cost initiative for all the citizens of India (i.e residents and non-residents) as well as foreign nationals regardless of their nationality and/or citizenship.

Now, as your query is concerned with updation/implementation that needs to be made in Aadhar Card I've listed few procedural steps that needs to be followed up in order to get your name changed in your Aadhar Card through online process instead of visiting the centre physically.

Usually a person can change address, his/her name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and email id on the Aadaar card. In order to change the details of your Aadhaar card online, follow these steps to update/change/correction

⭕ Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal and click on “Update your Address Online”

⭕ If you have valid address proof, click on “Proceed to Update Address”

⭕ In the new window, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on “Send OTP” or “Enter a TOTP”

⭕ An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database.

⭕ Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhaar account. Alternately, you can use the TOTP feature to authenticate

⭕ Select either the “Update Address by Address Proof” option or the “Update Address vis Secret Code” option.

⭕ Enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and click on the “Preview” button

⭕ In case you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option else tick the declaration and click on the “Submit” button

⭕ Select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the “Submit” button

⭕ Your Aadhaar update request will be accepted and a 14-digit URN will be generated

You can use the Update Request Number (URN) to check the status of the Aadhaar address update. Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card print out.

Hope the information provided above helps you out!

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 August 2021

Do not worry as this is not a major hurdle in getting the property mutated. and a simple issue that can be sorted out as your address and son of is duly mentioned in your ID proofs.  First, apply for mutation and if there is an objection, then only think of alternates.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register