LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mani Elavalagan   19 May 2024

Unconditional settlement deed

My father is filled civil suit against me after he gave me unconditional settlement deed for me.

What will be court fees if i fille civil suit .


 6 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     19 May 2024

Court fees is a State subject which differ from a State to another. Consult a local lawyer.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 May 2024

You have stated that your father has filed a civil suit against you, instead of challenging the case why do you want to file a separate case against him and what is the purpose and what suit have you planned to file against him?


Mani Elavalagan   20 May 2024

Sir I am from tamilnadu for challenging the civil suit against my father what will be court fees for me my document value is 1 core 30 lacs it is unconditional settlement deed written by father before 2.5 years ago in my name kandly guide me & what will be the court fees.for challenging.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     20 May 2024

Ad-valorum court fees in Tamil Nadu is 75 naya paisa for every 100 rupees.

However, payment and calculation of court fees depends upon relief(s) claimed and possession of suit property.

Besides this, what is the suit filed by your father;  what do you expect in your suit against your father and why do you not file a counter-claim if the suit property is same ?

Incomplete information cannot lead to form proper opinion and oblige.

It is better to consult your lawyer if you are litigant or a senior local lawyer if you are the counsel for defendant in the suit filed by your father.


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 May 2024

He has not come out with proper answer to enable us to render him proper opinion and guide him correctly on all further issues.

If his father has already filed a suit, he doesn't have to pay court fees for challenging the case filed against him.

If he is not able to understand the problem then he can't challenge it, hence he was advised to consult a local advocate for all such issues.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 May 2024

Respected Sh. Kalaiselvan ji,

I agree with you, presumably it is a hypothetical and time pass post.

Thanks and Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register