LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     23 May 2010

Uncle judges

Recently The Union Law Minister Dr. Veerappa Moily told The Tribune in an exclusive interview that the Law Ministry was asking the judges to give an undertaking at the time of their elevation that they would not function in a court where their relatives were practising.

Today The Tribune has reported that The Punjab and Haryana High Court has as many as 16 Judges with their kith and kin practising in the same court. The Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court has already forwarded their list to the Union Ministry of Law and Justice.

Learning

3 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     23 May 2010

thanks for the information

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     23 May 2010

ya i read the news today morning, the NP had the list also (sorry i cant mention them here).....but really a sorry state of affairs....but none of them are bound to accept transfers to other HCs....

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     25 May 2010

As per the Standard of Professional Conduct and Etiquette Rules under Section 49 (I) (C) of the Advocate Acts read with the Provisio thereof, under Rule 6: an Advocate shall not enter an appereance, act, plead or practise in any way before a Court, Tribunal or authority mentioned in Section 30 of the Act, if the sole or any member thereof is related to the advocate as Father, grand father, Son, grand son, uncle, brother, nephew, first cousin, husband, wife, mother, daugther, sister, aunt, niece, father in law, mother in law, brother in law, daugther in law or sister in law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register