unauthorized absence: urgently need answers

im a state govt employee..was arrested under various sections exceeding 48 hrs...i was  handed a suspension order from the day of my arrest  on notifying my department and later suspension revoked by order...now 1)is that a break in service?...2)whether this period is considered " unauthorised absence period"?

Hello,

As per me no that period is not break of service and unauthorised absence period.

Deputy Manager

If the revoking order of suspension doesn't contain any condition, then those days would be treated as unauthorised absence.

its written in the order.."decision regarding period of absence will be determined on the basis of  the fate of the case pending"...so is it still a break and unauthorised absence?MOst service lawyers and different departmental people i asked have given me different answers

Deputy Manager

1) It meant that your absence has not yet been decided by the authorities. 2) It may be possible that while contacting the others in search of answer to your question, you have concealed the facts, like your query herein, hence, the wayward answers by them. 3) Be specific, while asking questions, please.

That still doesn't answer my questions... will be really glad if I do get a correct information

Deputy Manager

Don't you realize that you haven't yet come up with the facts of your problem. 1) You haven't stated as to who has suspended you and who has revoked that suspension. 2) Whether, you have been served with the disciplinary notice/ proceedings by your department to explain your conduct on your arrest by the police. 3) Normally, the department is at liberty to conduct its own disciplinary proceedings against the employee, side by side, apart from the Court case/proceedings. 4) But, your department has chosen to wait for the outcome of the Court's case. 5) And u would be subjected to action by ur department, after the Court's order. 6) Till then no action from the department. 7) Is what I have understood.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x