LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shekher Sharma   13 October 2020

UK National wants to move in India

hi experts, one of my old friend is interested in moving to India after wrapping up everything from UK. but he doesn't want to get married. he wants to live near us in musssorie for the rest of his life. he has enough money to live a comfortable life here which he can declare officially. is there any possible legal way to get Indian nationality or a permanent residence or something else. he been searching this from a long time.


 6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 October 2020

Ask him to file RTI Application through an Indian friend (Indian citizen) seeking information from Ministry, MHA (Home) seeking information as follows:

Information solicited:(on line)

1.Please provide a certified copy of the Order/Notification that states the procedure for getting Indian residential status for  (Indian origin citizen settled in UK/ UK citizen (whichever is applicable in his case)

1 Like

Rajinder Goyal   13 October 2020


According to the Citizenship Act 1955, there are four ways a person can acquire Indian citizenship:-

  • Birth 
  • Descent
  • Registration
  • Naturalisation

If your friend is not a person of Indian origin i.e. he or his ancestor had never held Indian Citizenship before then he can get citizenship by naturalisation.

He can acquire citizenship of India by residing in India for 12 years (throughout 12 months preceding the date of application and 11 years in the aggregate).

For naturalisation, here are the documents you need:

1) A copy of valid Foreign Passport

2) A copy of Residential Permit/Long term visa

3) A copy of Bank Challan in original amounting to Rs.1500/- deposited in the State Bank of India.

4) One affidavit from self (applicant) and two affidavits from two Indians testifying to the character of the applicant in the prescribed language available in the application form. Affidavit to be allotted by Notary/Oath Commissioner/ DM.

5) Two language certificates certifying the applicant’s knowledge in any one of the Indian languages specified in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution. (A language certificate from a recognized educational institution or from a recognized organization or from two Indian citizens of the district of the applicant).

6) Two newspapers (circulating in the district in which the applicant resides) cuttings of different dates or of different newspapers notifying his/ her intention to apply for citizenship in the prescribed language available in the application form.

Hope this helps!

2 Like

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     13 October 2020

By any chance is he  of Indian Origin? If so it will be easier for him to apply for Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card,  based on which he can come to India and live here. He needs to approach High Commissioner Office in UK for applying for OCI Card.


Otherwise, he has to apypl for Migration to India. He may approach High Commissioner Office in UK who shall give all details and guide him.

1 Like

Shekher Sharma   13 October 2020

no he is a UK citizen

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     13 October 2020

Okay. Only alternative is to approach I dian High Commission in UK an be guided to migrate to India. 

zarazuzu   31 October 2020

This splendid clean gasp is an aspect of Jockey's new maternity assortment. It accompanies some in vogue maternity tops. The polyester material of this scour is implanted with rayon and spandex textures to give an improved stretch around the stomach and legs, better fit, and decent feel. best maternity scrubs The stretchable belt board assists with obliging your developing paunch all through your incubation period. A lovely false fly plan is executed on this scour for a cleaner look.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register