Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pankaj mahato   09 September 2022

Typing mistake in sale deed

I purchased a property and seller's details has been typed as "Riya Sinha  "पिता" Umesh Sinha" instead of " Riya Sinha  "पति" Umesh Sinha" . The documents has been registered. If I want to rectify it will it be a minor alterations or material alterations and also kindly let me the application section and applicable act or rule.

Thank you 


 2 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     09 September 2022

Contact the registry.A rectification deed to be made

pankaj mahato   10 September 2022

Thank you sir for early response. We met the registry office and they are of the view that it would be a major alterations where as it should only be a minor typographical error correction. Kindly provide your observation. Major alterations attracts full stamp duty, registry fee and other fee whereas minor alterations requires only correction fees. I referred the Registration Act and Registration Manuals but I am not able to grasp it 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query