Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rick sandalas   06 October 2021

Two father's name

Sir I have biological father name in my Mark sheet and step father name in ration card and voter ID . My step father deliberately kept my biological father name in my marks sheet. Now my step father died leaving this confusion in my official records. How to go about declaring this officially.

Please advice


 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     06 October 2021

Did you have your birth certificate?  If so, what name was written on your birth certificate?

Vijay Kapoor   06 October 2021

Gudher notification

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 October 2021

Ration card and voter ID are bonafide documents for ID.  The marks sheet is valid only for qualification and there can not be any cross-checking.  This different father's name may not make any difference, as every mark sheet is supported by a photo ID.  If you have lingering doubts, file for such correction in marks lists through the laid down procedure and submit Voter ID and Ration card. Search website for laid down procedure of the authority that issued marks sheet.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 October 2021

Yes, the difference in the name will cause problem in document verification but it can be solved with a simple affidavit. It should mention both the names of your father and should declare:

Shashi Dhara   07 October 2021

File declaratory suit in civil court and take decree which is simple .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register