LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shantanu SB (Hk)     27 April 2022

treat call

I had a serious relationship with someone. I want to marry her but one month before she said No in presure of her family but text me she was in presure nd do some such stupid things. Her family treat me they do fake cases on me because they have strong political background. suggest me what can i do to safer side of my legally ??

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 April 2022

Block her calls first, and face the situation as appropriate for you, when you confront the situation.  It is not proper to expect guidance on mere assumptions.  You can write a letter to the Supdt of Police seeking protection and get a bind over of the suspected parties.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 April 2022

The posting suggests no legal elements.

Divya Vijayan   28 April 2022

Hello sir!

You can file an FIR against the people threatening you. The police officer, upon receiving a complaint, may then either call the harasser and threaten them with severe consequences to stop with the threatening calls. The police can also start an investigation, taking aid from the service provider of the phone number and nab the harasser.

Section 503 of IPC, deals with criminal intimidation. It states that anyone who threatens any other person on the following grounds is liable for criminal intimidation. (i)Threatens injury to his person;(ii)Threatens injury to his reputation; (iii)Threatens injury to his property; (iv)Threatens injury to the person or reputation of anyone in whom the person is interested.

Any person charged with section 506 of the IPC will face either imprisonment extending up to 2 years or an imposition of fine or both. If the threat over a phone call was of causing grievous hurt, death, destruction to property by fire or committing a scheduled offense under IPC will invite a harsh punishment of imprisonment up to 7 years. The law is gender-neutral, and men can file a complaint against the one harassing them over a phone call as well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register