LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahan mahan (NIL)     11 July 2022

Transferring undivided share of inheritance

One ( A) of the legal heirs wants to transfer his undivided share in inherited property, while other legal heirs ( B & C) are not willing for partition and  not cooperating with A; 

1. Can A  gift his undivided share in inherited property to his spouse or son?

2. How to transfer his undivided share in inherited property, before partition?


 2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     11 July 2022

Without partition he cannot transfer it to any one.  So file a partition suit in court.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 July 2022

partition suit is a proceeding instituted by a coparcener when a property dispute arises in the family or when there is absence of mutual consent among the multiple owners of the real estate in the sale or division of the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register