Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arvind (student)     16 June 2020

Transfer rights to purchase land

dears,

Currently my brother's residential status is NRI, he wants to purchase some agricultural land in his home town but due to this Covid-19 pandemic he can't travel to India.

So my question is is there any legal way by which i can act as a reprentative on behalf of him and land will be registered on his name.

For example if he writes power of attorney to my name then i can sell his property on behalf of him similarily is there any legal procedure by which i can purchase too  on behalf of him.

I hope my query is clear.

Thanks in advance...

Learning

6 Replies

Virtual Legal Assistant (.)     16 June 2020

Greetings,

An NRI cannot purchase any agricultural land or plantation property in India. Consequently, NRIs cannot purchase farmhouses in India. So, if an NRI wants to purchase a farmhouse or plantation, she/he will have to approach the RBI for specific permission and the RBI will consider this on a case-to-case basis.

Hope this helps.

arvind (student)     17 June 2020

thank you very much for your reply...

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 June 2020

@ Arvind,

Your moot court question is absolutely clear.

Ans: Obtain a registered power of attorney, if it is a true story .

You have been posting various topics in past, such as

arvind replied to a topic in forum "transfer rights to purchase land"

arvind posted a new topic in forum "Transfer rights to purchase land"

arvind posted a new topic in forum "Is khasra khatauni required for selling a residential plot?"

arvind posted a new topic in forum "Can nri purchase residential land in india"

arvind posted a new topic in forum "Plot purchase ownership type notary / registry"

arvind replied to a topic in forum "Ban on selling property"

arvind posted a new topic in forum "Ban on selling property"

arvind posted a new topic in forum "Ban on selling property" arvind posted a new topic in forum "Ban on selling property" 
Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/stream/selfstream.asp?member_id=284116

LCI Admin should have deleted your account and such academic topics which is abuse of the site.

This paltform is meant for helping needy litigants and not for students.

I am extremly sorry sir if i have violated any policy of LCI. I was not aware of the fact that a person can not ask multiple quetions on this website but one thing i can assure you that wahtever quieries i have raised till date are genuine. i needed legal advice from experts so instead of doing rounds of lawyer's offices in my city i thought to put my quiries here.

Om praksh ji, i was aslo addressing to Dr. vashisth.

he said i am abusing LCI and this platform is not for students that's why i appologized if i have violated any LCI policy.

Since he is very senior to me so he must have known better use of the platform. But one thing i can say that this platform helped me alot in all the queries i posted here.

Raghav Arora   19 June 2020

Mr. Vashisht, the platform is for students as much as it is for any litigant looking for Experts' help or a lawyer helping anyone. 

It can be a Moot court question, it can be a student seeking mentoring from the experts, it can be a lawyer seeking guidance from a lawyer, or even a student asking for help with an academic question. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register