LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harrassed _by _498a (Executive)     07 December 2020

Transfer of Property from Mother to Son

Respected Experts,

What is the cheapest way to get the freehold property/flat transfer from Mother to Son name in New Delhi?

On the paper value of the property is approx 65 lacs



 3 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     08 December 2020

Gift deed is the best option as it is less expensive in stamp dyty.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 December 2020

Gift Deed execution and registration attracts full stamp duty as of Conveyance Deed in Delhi.

It would be better to consult a local prudent lawyer for analysing facts/ document, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 December 2020

Yes, gift deed is the best option. In some States, gifts deeds involve only nominal stamp duty.

Execution and registration Will involve hardly any expenditure. But a Will has its own uncertainties as the Will takes effect after the testator's lifetime; A Will, registered or otherwise, it could be altered or cancelled during the testator's lifetime at his/her discretion. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register