LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

percy (KAM)     18 August 2010

Transfer Late father's property to mother

My father had bought a flat in Dombivli, Maharashtra in 1984. He expired in 1999. How can we transfer this property to my mothers name? So that we can sell the flat. we have the agreement (on stamp paper) and share certificates. What will be the procedure & where should we get this done? 

Thanks in advance.

Learning

6 Replies

krantiveer (Advocate)     18 August 2010

If the property is bought by your father, make sure it is his self acquired property, also make sure whether he has made a will or not. If not then make applications to the competitive authority to get the names of the legal heirs in the property card. Thereafter you can make a release deed in favour of your mother and get it registered in the concerned sub registrars office.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     19 August 2010

get death certificate of ur late fathe rfrom corporation  and sucession certficate from talathi or civil court by making affidavite and ur ration card. and apply to revenue autharities to enter ur name inROR. th.en register a release deed in fevour of ur mother

percy (KAM)     19 August 2010

Thank you for your advice. 

What is ROR? is it required to enter my name as we want to transfer directly from father to mother's name?

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     19 August 2010

ROR is record of rights.ie. 7/12 extracts or property card etc. for registering release deed ur name should be there on ROR.

Hardik (Head)     20 August 2010

If I transfer property from my late father to my mother name through above process then my sister rights remains in the property? Is she demand her right at time of selling property?

Or if I sell property and buy another property then what?

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     21 August 2010

Ofcourse her riht will appear in record her sign. is required. generally sisters dont ask for shara they ask for favour.that u have to give at the time of transfer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register