LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Anand Salve   05 August 2023

Transfer for medical treatment

I am clerk in sbi. my spouse is officer in bank  is recently transfer to pune zone from Mumbai zone on health Grounds for IVF treatment.

But now my bank sbi is not considering my transfer to pune ( same state )  What options available to me 


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 August 2023

The privilege of spousal place transfer is generally available for women employees in every sector. 

You can't ask the transfer as a right. 

You may use your union influence to get transferred instead of agitating over the refusal. 

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     05 August 2023

Well analysed, opined and advised by expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan, I agree.

Spousal transfer can not be claimed as a matter of right.



T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 August 2023

What's this about.

You may open a new thread to post your query instead inserting your own irrelevant post on somebody's thread 


I would suggest you to appeal to your Sr. Management to consider your case on humanitarian ground and sympathytically. I'm sure they will listen to you. However, it will be better if such an application is raised at first by your wife at first. And depending upon the progress, you too can appeal. In between check your service rules as well as of the other government organisations. I'm sure that the matter will be resolved 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register