Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Register (None)     10 July 2014

Transfer agriculture land on my name

Hi Sir,

I was a farmer in Gujarat till 2006. I had purchased the agriculture land in 2004 , but due to some reason the land is not transferred on my name. I have the original sale did (dastavej) of the land. 

But now I am not a farmer. Can I transfer the agriculture land on my name now?

I was farmer when I purchase the land and did the dastavej of the same. Please let me know the procedure to transfer the land on my name. Which documents should I require?

Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     11 July 2014

Even though you are not a farmer now you can transfer the land.  You have to apply before the concerned Tahasildar for mutation.  If there is no response you approach collector.  Even if there is no response file Writ Petition before the High Court.  For further doubts contact me ravinder2345@gmail.com.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 July 2014

The question is whether you can get the property transferred on your name in the revenue records because you ceased to be a farmer now.   You could purchase the property only because you were a farmer and since the purchase is already done, it is a mere formality to transfer the records on your name, approach your revenue department and apply for it get it duly transferred, there is no bar for it in law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register