LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lovely Nation   19 September 2021

torturing for dowry🙏🙏🙏🙏

After marriage she attacked by stroke recovring still got treated in parents house..but now husband and his family members torturing with vulgar words for dowry and looking like a servant no respect..she his staying like a parrot in nest no freedom always she must be in house working like servant 24 proper food..🙏🙏🙏🙏what to do how to proceed any remedy 😓😓😓pls


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 September 2021

The crucial steps that need to be fulfilled in order to file a Dowry related complaint are: STEP 1- THE ACT COMMITTED UPON THE WIFE MUST FALL UNDER THE AMBIT OF SECTION 498 A – CRUELTY. ... STEP 2 – CHOOSING A POLICE STATION. ... STEP 3- MAKING THE COMPLAINT. ... STEP 4 – FIR TO BE REGISTERED. ... STEP 5 – NOTICE TO THE ACCUSED.
1 Like

minakshi bindhani   23 November 2021

As per your query concerned!

The law dealing with the provisions relating to the harassment of a woman by her in-laws are Sections 498- A, 509, 304-B, 306, of the Indian Penal(IPC), the Domestic Violence Act, 2005 and Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961.

Make a complaint against the cruelty in the nearest police station under section 154 of Criminal Procedure Code, 1973.
Anyone who has information about the commission of a cognizable offence can lodge an FIR. He/she doesn't need to be the victim or eye-witness himself. The section speaks of information relating to the commission of a cognizable offence given to an officer in charge of a police station.

Hope it is useful!
Minakshi Bindhani

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query