LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lawyrs (self)     15 March 2013

To file criminal complaint to megistrate first class is

To file a criminal complaint to Megistrate first class is there any fees and Is is require affidavite for complaint.

my friend's father has given writen complaint to police station under ipc sec 143 , 147 , 148, 149 ,  323, 328 ,504 , 506(2) ten(10) days back.police has not taken any action becoz of influence of opposite party.


Now he plan to file a complaint to megistrate first class for the same.

1) Is there any fees for criminal complaint to megistrate.

2)does criminal complaint  to megistrate first class require affidate or self attested will work


 1 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     16 March 2013

Criminal Complaint can be filed under section 156(3) of Cr.P.C. for direction to police to register the case. Alternatively, complaint can be filed under section 190 of Cr.P.C. for taking cognizance by the court it self.


In both cases, no court fee is involved. A detailed Affidavit for evidence would be required.


Goutam Prasad



Mob: 9810753838

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register