LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohanavel mohan (Employee)     03 July 2014

To close abn amro credit card and clear cibil report

I used an add on abn amro credit card for which my father was the parent card holder. as my father retired he decided to close the card and approached the bank. the bank redirected us to a collection agency and a guy from the agency came to our home and talked to us about settlement and told us that there is no need pay the full amount and a partial amount can be paid for closing. so for an amount of 1,09,000 the asked us to pay 60,000 in which they asked us to pay 45,000 in cheque and 15,000 in cash.

We agreed and readily paid.After that they didn’t ask any money and didnt send any document. This happened in 2006. Now a guy who claims to be from kotak mahindra bank and phoenix arc insists to settle 20,000 for the remaining 59,000. we are very much confused whether to pay or not and if we need to pay to whom should i contact as the abn amro bank is closed and no branches or customer care exists

Now in my CIBIL it shows that card as not closed and shows an outstanding of 59125. Now we are ready to pay the amount and get cleared in CIBIL as well. Help us how to proceed on this

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 July 2014

Who had asked you to go for settlement without obtaining in writing that bank shall waive off rest of the charges (not write off)?

Has the Bank/ARC submitted any detailed documents of balance amount if any?

Settlement is adverse entry. Hence even if you settle now it shall continue to affect you.

Approach a local lawyer dealing in such/consumer/bank cases, with all docs on record in person.

Insist on getting an admission in writing that amounts not being paid by you (59000-20000) shall be recorded as ‘Waived off’ and not ‘written off’ and shall have no adverse bearing on your Credit Score/loan taking ability.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register