LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipen (Manager)     24 September 2022

Title dispute

My father and two of his uncles(grandfathers brothers) bought a property some 50 years ago since they lived together in a joint family. At the time of purchase my father was, 19 years old and in college. Now all three have died and dispute has started between the three families. They claim that at time of purchase my father was in college and had no source of income. They are now disputing my right to property on this basis. Although the source of money involved in the purchase is completely unknown for all three people involved in the transaction. This purchase was made well before I was born. Can their claim hold in the court of law. 


 2 Replies

Abdul Zaahir Shah   25 September 2022

It's not the source of income that is being challenged. The dispute is of property and no matter what stick to the main issue of Partition. Don't bow down to pressure and deviation tactics. You are a legal heir of the property hence you have all rights to inherit from your father's share.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     25 September 2022

Yes.  You can claim a share in the property as your father purchased the property with others.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query