Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AKHIL   10 June 2022

Time period for issuing experience certificate in a government psu


   Is it mandatory for a government agency to issue Experience certificate to its employees specifying the work done and category of work, if Iam applying for UPSC. If so, is there a time frame for issuing the certificate. There has been an inordinate delay in issuing the experience certificate i.e., it has not been issued yet due to which the application period has been lapsed and this stint has been continuing for the previous two applications too, wherein I have requested the experience certificate for than a month before the last date, due which i was unable to apply for any other post. Is there any legal modality I can use for this situation.? 


 1 Replies

Anila Sabu   25 June 2022

In response to your query,

No, it is not mandatory for the government to issue an experience certificate, however if you want one you have to send a written request for the same to the state or central government.

Once a written request for the same is sent, with an explanation as to why you need it, the process of generating and granting the certificated will be done immediately however if there is a delay you should follow up this concern with the concerned authority or go to the parent company in person to seek relief.

In the meantime, in order to show proof, you could submit your relieving letter as well as your appointment letter or your salary slips.

In case of denial to provide the certificate even after repeated requests, then the last exhaustible option would be to sue the company to obtain the certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query