LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shohn (President)     24 January 2013

Threatening my sister in school - help please



Dear all;

I married a girl last year and due to some issues I was forced to give her divorce letter within 1 month after marriage. After that she filed a 498A case against me and my family members including my elder mother and father. Now this girl's father is asking me a huge amount of settlement money. I refused to give money as the divorce was just because of this girl's demand (she is now married to another person, with whome she had relation before). As I refused to give the money, her family is harrasing me in all the ways. Some days before her father, brother and mother came to my sister's school (she is just 17 years old) and threatened her in front of principal and spread bad storied about my sister in the school. My sister is very young and minor, she was afraid to go to school many days after that incident. 

Somebody please advice me how can I give compaint against this act.


 4 Replies

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     24 January 2013

you must file a complain to police immediately.

Shohn (President)     24 January 2013

@Rahul: I gave complaint to police very next day. Police might prepare FIR soon. But I need some Law Points and IPC Sections.


Write a complaint immediately to commissioner of Police with all details and a copy to SHO of the police station.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 March 2014

They seem to be expert in weakening their case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query