LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAMPADA AGGARWAL   28 March 2022

threat call

I was in a serious relationship with someone but know I don't want to continue the relationship . Now he just start threating me said If anything happens to him I will be responsible .
His family are not able to handle him.
please suggest me what can I do .
form last 15 days all the drama began but yesterday he start threating me that If anything happens to him I be responsible and start putting over picture on what's status . What can I do please suggest me


 8 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 March 2022

Relation / relationship, love, hate etc are two way traffic, which cannot go one sided.

If he is not interested you cannot force him to continue the relationship, it is better to leave him and settle with someone else. 

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 March 2022

Making a police complaint about threats to your life, blackmailing and harassment is the only way known to the law for self-defense.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     29 March 2022


Yes, you have to approach police and conplain against him for threatening and harrassment. 

SAMPADA AGGARWAL   29 March 2022

But his family support him and put allegation on me that I forced him in the relationship and know I am backout. That's why his son feel depressed

Palak batra   29 March 2022

Dear Querist,


Yes, one can go to the nearest police station and lodge a complaint against all the mobile numbers which send you unwanted sms or give you unwanted calls. Police can investigate the complaint under IT ACt, IPC, TR Act . At first police will contact the service provider from whose number the calls and sms are coming and will acquire the identification of the users and will file cases against them. If the identification of the users cannot be made by the service providers then the service provider can stop the services of those numbers under the Telephone Regulatory Act.


Section 506 of Indian Penal Code also talks about persons committing the offence of criminal intimidation shall be punished with an imprisonment of up to seven years and/or fine. 


One can also contact -1091 which  is another women’s helpline number throughout the country. Whenever a woman is facing harassment over phone calls, all she needs to do is dial this number after which the police will take necessary actions.




Kishor Mehta (CEO)     30 March 2022

File a police complaint and forget the matter.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 April 2022

Facts posted suggest only empty threats from a desperate and frustrated person. The only and best solution is that the so-called threats be ignored! They are mere ranting than threats.

Adv. Raveena Singh Pant (Advocate)     17 April 2022

I examine all comments but i have doubt dear querist, if your are in serious relationship and that boy family support him, what was that issue? 

1. Is your family, caste or religion problem ? Or you both are not matured (above 21). Is that boy cheated you ? Or not said he want to marry you that why you back out ?

2. If you have serious relationship with him if suddenly you back out its very hard to understand, be his friend and give time to understand you want separation because of that your reason. Others wise as you said he was  start feeling depressed.

3. In my opinion their was no theart call because you suddenly back out with your personal reason does effect his mentally break down and his family is worried about him. 

4. I suggest you, talk to his family call them and take information about him and if have serious relationship with him talk to him quietly and patience.

5. If you have serious relationship be strong because if you are in your family presure like your family force you to back out because of caste religion etc. Or something else like your doesn't know person etc and all. 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register