LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shobhit (sr process associate)     24 July 2015

Theft in case of housekeeping staff


I am starting with a Manpower supply firm and I am in the middle of taking licenses. I owned Bombay shop act license and applied for pan card. Later I am applying for Pan card, ESIC and service tax.

I have 2 questions now,


1) Now do I need to acquire Contract Labour license?


2) What if, mine deployed staff of house keeping does any theft in the department, then whose responsibility is to fortify that theft?


If I mention this theft clause in a contract with the party, would it be ok? If that is mentioned and signed between us, than I will be zero responsible for any theft happens in the store.


Kindly guide me with the answers of this 2 questions, and also If I can get a demo version of any contract I would be highly obliged.




 4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 July 2015

Theft is to be proved.

Insist upon CCTV coverage and evidence.

The demo version can be supplied by the consultant that drfats such constracts.

It is between you and client to insert and sign on any T&C in a contract.


You should conduct due diligence and verification  on testamonials of all person that you hire.

darshana sawant (associate consultant)     25 July 2015

Dear Mr. Shobhit,


It will indeed be necessary to have CCTV cameras in place to reduce your liability on both fronts.  It is also very essential to have a comprehensive contract agreement in place with all the clauses of indemnity, replacement of staff, compliances under the various labour laws etc.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 November 2016

criminal liability is of the theif.


you can be put on civil liability if wrong is caused by your employee.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 November 2016

Hope by now your issue is resolved.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register