LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CommonMann (Software Professional)     20 December 2015

Tenant not vacating

Tenant not vacating my house. Not paid rent since last 6 months. I am abroad and I dont have any relatives in the city where I have my house. Broker is also not helping as this is the 3rd year for tenant. Agreement is expiring in another 10 days. What is the procedure I should follow? How much time is required through Court or legal proceedings. And how much is the cost lawyer can charge. I am talking about not hifi lawyers . Average lawyer. City is Indore, MP.

Learning

7 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     20 December 2015

First send him a notice through registered post with acknowledgement asking him to vacate the house on grounds of default in rent and also as the agreement is also getting lapsed failing which you can file an eviction suit.and also if he is still occupying the premises after the agreement had lapsed you can file a case for criminal tresspass

CommonMann (Software Professional)     22 December 2015

Thanks Sarvanan. How much time this process will take? ANy idea.If this matter will take years than I have to opt for other options. And How much lawyers chrge for this type of petiotions and cases. Please give me some estimates so that I can go ahead with the plan.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     22 December 2015

eviction through a civil suit will definitely take time..

Thanks. Any specific time period, I mean 1 yr, 2 yrs, 3 yrs or more..any tentative timeframe...and also any tentative expenditure...

Thanks. Any specific time period, I mean 1 yr, 2 yrs, 3 yrs or more..any tentative timeframe...and also any tentative expenditure...

CommonMann (Software Professional)     27 December 2015

It seems legal is very long process...Iam planning to take my family and some people to the house which includes ladies as well with my stuff and will not move until tenant vacates or will force him to vacate..can tenant do anything in such a case..as lease is already expired..not paid rent since last 6 months..what can police do in this case if tenant files any complaint..

CommonMann (Software Professional)     27 December 2015

Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register