LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh Murugappan   03 September 2023

Tenant not paying rent and also not vacating flat

Respected member,


Kindly review my below issue and advise, iam in trouble and not in peaceful mind

1.My flat occupied by an tenant 14 months back(at East Tambaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu).

2.While occupying, i had received 3 months rent advance amount only from tenant. The contract which was for 11 months , which was already expired. As on date(Sep 2023) tenant staying Without paying rent (now 14 months over without receiving a single rupee)

3. while occupying the flat , tenant did not show here identity. Later came to know she is lawyer. She cheated 

4. I fixed this tenant through my property management . Hence i had sent them to tenant to ask rent, she used foul language against them (to restrict them from asking rent & also not allowing to meet her) and she also called police too saying my representatives mis behaved with her & lodged complaint . She had opened FIR against Property management people. Currently to stay, she is paying EB properly. My property management ready to provide any type of service, but she must pay at least rent.

5. She is adamant to leave the flat. She wish to enjoy my property free of cost.

6. I approached police to lodge CSR, there also she screamed and used bad language in front of police. Very bad professional, she abused myself and my wife in front of SI. Actually  I went for discussion and for compromise at police station, initially she said okay later she changed her mind , she do not want to vacate. She challenged myself & told me do whatever i want can do, but she will not vacate. Felt, people like her are misusing law. I doubt how these type of people will help common people. .

7.. Have served eviction notice, which says she must vacate by 31 Aug 2023. But as on date she did not vacate.

9. Secondly she is disturbing the community, also by parking her friend's car in front of neighbour's home's(where the neighbour cannot remove his car) . Neighbout told decently to not to park in front of his home, as he need to remove car. But she scolded in bad words to him, wife and his parents. Neighbour was so upset & he informed me. Neighbour also raised complaint with police already. Meantime we came to know that she(my tenant) already filed complaint with police saying my neighbour had hit her(to prove she obtained medical certificate from nearby Govt Hospital to prove that she is injured) . Not sure how she get support Govt officials/Hopsital. She is so crooked and also disturbing life of common people like myself(& my family)

I have put my hard money to built the apartment and someone enjoying without paying rent and also give torture , its unacceptable by all means.

In above scenario, Kindly suggest myself how to handle and make her vacate:

A. Can i ask for dis connection of electricity now, as i will do some amendment work for my home and later (once she goes out) will lock my home and will not let out the flat for rent further?

B. If i apply for rent case in chennai, how long will it take to complete(normally).?

C. Further If she goes for appeal, how long the case will go on to complete?.

Iam so much annoyed of her arrogance and sharing her details as below. She needs lot of mentoring from Senior people in same filed(Law Professionals), if somebody can help her to overcome her current situation(not sure, if she has some unsound mind  or something)

 Ms.V.Vinotha, Selaiyur, Tambaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Appreciate your help





 2 Replies

Siddhi   05 September 2023

Did you register LL Agreement. It's mandatory for any legal remedy.

Suresh Murugappan   05 September 2023

For LL Agreement registered copy, iam following up with my property management co to get copy of the same. To obtain the certificate directly, have registered in the govt portal, yet to get the certificate at my end.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register