LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cipher   21 May 2024

Tenant in the property without agreement from past 8 years

I have a 3-floor residential building in Bangalore, and it is rented. One of the tenants in one floor of the property is staying from past 5 years and paying no rent. Other tenants are fine and regularly pay the rent on time. Now this tenant in one floor is asking me to sell the property to him which I don't want to do so, as I had brought this property as an investment. I am an NRI working outside India, this whole episode started in 2019 and for 2 1/2 years I did not visit India due to travel restriction during corona due to this his rental agreement is also lapsed. Now this tenant is very aggressive in nature not ready for any talks, but to sell this property to him. From past 5 years until today i am at lose of rent from this floor he only pays electricity in full as there is separate meter and water bill in shared as it is single meter shared in the building. 

Can anyone suggest me the best approach/procedure to gain back my lost rent for so many years and also to remove him and gain back my floor.


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 May 2024

You issue a legal notice to him to vacate the premises for defaulting the rental payment and payment for other utilities besides no valid rental agreement.

You can file a suit for eviction if he fails to comply with the demands made 

Cipher   23 May 2024

Thank you sir for your advice i will start the process ASAP.


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 May 2024

You are welcome for your understanding

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register