LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

minal   03 November 2020

tenant ask to wave off 3 months rent for covid

hi everyone..I have given my flat in rent....in covid situation on humanity ground,I have not taken rent for 3 months and told tenant to pay afterwards when situation becomes ok as everything was lockdown.
now when I m asking him to pay that 3 months rent, he is asking me to waive off that rent as govt told to waive off .

can any one tel is their any rule pass by d govt ,that flat owner should waive off the rent for 3 months of covid lockdown??

now he is showing attitude telling he will not pay rent of 3 months as govt said. I told to pay or vacant the flat.

plz note the tenant is a business man and he is not poor.

plz guide me and let me know is their any such rule that owner should waive off rent.

thanks in advance
kiran

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Vinay Mathur + 8447131770 (Advocate)     03 November 2020

There is Delhi High Court ruling that tenant can delay but have to make payment.

So since tenant continues to stay without paying rent you must give him a notice to pay and vacate the premises and if he don't you have to file for his eviction immediately

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     04 November 2020

Neither central Govt nor any State Govt has passed any order regarding waiving off the rent of rental premises due to covid 2019.Tenant has to pay the rent but can make delay.

minal   04 November 2020

thank I for all d replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register