LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nathan Kondala (Faculty)     11 December 2014

Tenancy litigation



I have recently vacated a property. At the time of vacating the property the landlord had denied to give us the Security deposit. But some however due to our persistence, he checked the property and gave the money. He still kept a share of the deposit with him. Now After 15 days of vacating the property he has been calling continuously and asking for More money. He claims he had done some repairs while we were in the house and so wants money for that. He abuses and uses vulgar language with the women. He now threatens that he will Bring men and even bring some cops he knows. I have the pictures of the property while vacating. I even got the house cleaned. What should I do ? What are the issues ? Please advice  


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 December 2014

If the threat persists and beyond tolerance level, you can lodge a complaint against him with the local police or issue him a legal notice to restrain himself from indulging in such undesirable activities against you failing which you may contemplate to initiate appropriate legal action both through criminal and civil laws.  Take the help of a local help for further advise on the subject and proceed legally.

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     29 December 2014

File recovery of money suit at proper court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query