LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dipankar (MANAGER)     30 September 2023

Taking an early date in court --put up meaning

My  child custody case is now lodged with District judge Hooghly.Today was the date of hearing Actually I do not want to proceed with the case so I told my lawyer to withdraw this case, as today was the date given by court.

But my lawyer gave hazira and told me judge was very busy, so he will no take up the withdrawal matter.so he told me that he will take a fresh date after few days via means of PUT UP., which I did not understand.

Now please guide me, whether my lawyer is fooling me, or there is any means known as PUT UP.., Because I think he deliberately did not give the withdrawal application in court.plesse guide me on the word PUT UP.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 September 2023

If he has filed the memo for withdrawing the case, then the court bench clerk will put it up before the judge with the remarks, perhaps your advocate may be right that the judge was busy to have a look at the matters put up before him, once the judge takes a look at it then it will be decided.

However if the memo was filed in the open court when your case was called for hearing then the court would pass an instantenous order on it.

You may better visit the court office and confirm it from the court staff directly.

Sidhhi   30 September 2023

Just to guide you now a days all court cases be it High Court or District Court and their proceedings are available on e court app. It's very easy to use. Please download the app if you are educated and use smart phone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register