LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karan singh (none)     29 August 2022

Surrender bail in complaint 379


A false complaint case was filed against 13 relatives as  counter to FIR  filed by my uncle.No direct allegation against me in the complaint but a cognizance under non bailable section 379 was taken against all 13 people including me. There is a onging land dispute long pending in court between the parties.

A summon notice has been sent to me. Can I surrender and take bail before the magistrate or is there any risk of bail getting rejected and arrest?


 3 Replies

Anusha Sharma   30 August 2022

An officer- in-charge of the police station may grant bail only when there are no reasonable grounds for believing that the accused has committed a non- bailable offence or when the non-bailable offence complained of is not punishable with death or life imprisonment

karan singh (none)     31 August 2022

It is a complaint case in magistrate court. Summon notice gas been served

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 October 2022

In the given facts, to my understanding, bail would be granted as a matter of routine.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register