Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep (Student)     16 July 2014

Surname change

Hello Sir

My name is Sudhir Sharma but on my SSC certificates it is written as sudhir kumar  and on my graduation certificates it is written as Sudhir Sharma.Currently I am in final year of my b.tech course and from next month lots of companies will come here for campus placement .I am afraid that the difference in the surname on my certificates will cause problem during interview. Will it do or not ??what should I do sir?? please help me ......I am having a affidavit attested from the notery lawer. Will it be sufficient for the proof that both the persons are same.

Please help me sir what should I do so that I will not face any Problem in the future. It has stolen my sleep .......lots of thought regarding this it keeps hanging in my mind whole day . 

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 July 2014

simply notary affidavit is not enough. You have to apply in the gazette department for obtaining correction of name certificate.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 July 2014

Better get an affidavit drafted stating that the names appear in the different educational certificates pertaining to you  are one and the same, get the affidavit notarized and get it published in the Government Gazette of your state, keep a copy of both, the affidavit and the gazette publication in your possession always along with the related educations certificates. This will enable you to clarify the issues that may rise in this regard in the future.

Sandeep (Student)     23 July 2014

thank you sir for helping.........

srinivasulu (lecturer)     23 July 2014

Dear sir i am soma. srinivas. i completed ssc in 1998. in ssc certificate my surname printed as sooma and all other certificate it printed as soma. Can u please guide me how to correct the name in SSC certificate. or best solution to change my surname either sooma or soma

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 July 2014

@Srinivasulu:  Due to the difference in surname, it is not advisable to go for a change or correction in the SSC certificate, instead better go for a change through affidavit as advised above, that will also solve your issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register