LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Supreme court lawyer

i want to practice in supreme court. i just finished up with my final year LLB exam from DU. i need a piece of advice from you. should i straight away join a supreme court advocate as an intern, if possible, or should i start with the lower court and gradually climb the ladder? please give me some guidelines to start my carrier as you all are already practicing lawyers you know better, please tell me what not to do in start of my carrier.

Learning

3 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     29 May 2013

You have just completed your study. It is advisable that you should go to the grass level and have a procedural grounding. Attach yourself with a senior advocate in lower courts, and subsequently go for Supreme Court. During the course of practice, develop good knowledge over the law of writs and appeals. This would help you in future. There are Supreme Court rules for Advocate on record. Please go through the same. A person has to pass the AOR examination. And there is a tough course for the same. Before appearing for such an examination, a candidate is required to complete one years' training under Advocate on record. After successful internship, you may be eligible for appearing in AOR examination. Mostly examination covers subjects on accounting practice. Practice JR Batliboy's account. You will come to know more while going through the rules. If you do not want to waste time before the lower courts, start under Advocate on record. Read at least for Six hours and learn about the principles propounded in various cases. 

Please go through the Supreme Court Hand Book that may be uploaded on this website. (Go to file sharing section after two three days); If such Hand Book is still not made available, please ask me for the one on my email address being corporatearmour@gmail.com

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     30 May 2013

A good and practical advise by Mr. Hemang. However, you have to find some senior advocate for SC to guide you.

Hemang (Advocate)     30 May 2013

Please contact Mr. Nikhil Goel +919810133254, who is already an Advocate on record and practicing in the supreme court. I always hand over the matters to him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register