LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh   22 November 2021


Dear sir,

FIR was made in July 2019 and FIR  with 506 r/w 34 & Charge Sheet with CC Number was filled in court in March 2020 and till now we did not got  summons for us and on court e-portal i,e court website it showing till date as "issue summons".

Sir, at the time of complaint/FIR on us we use to stay in address what was given in complaint and since we have sold our house, from Sept 2019 we are not staying there.So, till now we did not got Summons and still we have to attend the court. 

thanking you


 4 Replies

minakshi bindhani   23 November 2021

As per the concerned query!

Firstly, the accused should inform the court through your pleader Or the Investigating officer of the case that he is changing his address or has changed his address and any correspondence should be done at the new address.

It may have serious implications for the accused.
The trial in the court may start and summons sent to the accused returns unserved because the accused no longer lives there. A non-bailable warrant (nbw) might be issued against you.

Hope it is useful!
Minakshi Bindhani

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 November 2021

The parties must provide such postal address for summoning, if they are aware that a trial has to commence on the crime.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 November 2021

Consult your lawyer for proper advise.

Archana Pandey   22 January 2022

Dear Mr. Ramesh,

First Court will look at the service report, if it will show that you have change the address then Court will direct to publish the summons in newspaper.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query