LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aurora   20 March 2021

Suicide threats

My Father in law, senior citizen, gets rental income from self-acquired property is a chronic heart & kidney patient and my mother in law, also senior citizen is retired as teacher from Delhi govt with pension income. They have two married daughters and a married son(youngest).Son who have been rude, indecent, disrespectful towards parents & sisters, did love marriage despite protests from parents because he was hardly earning anything. Son used suicide threats and made them to marry him in 2017. Last year in June 2020 my in-laws decided to move from Delhi to Gurgaon to live alone near daughter's house but again allowed Son and his wife to also shift and live with them for few months because Son's wife was expecting baby. After getting baby in January, Son has become more violent, rude and aggressive towards parents. Son never shared any expense of house before and after his marriage and keep giving suicide threats. House expenses are managed on rental income and pension. Sisters decided to file application under Senior citizen act but kept on hold because Son again threatened to commit suicide (however I have given a copy to near PS and got reviving on safer side). Parents have secretly recorded his threats of suicide in phone when family of Son's wife came to discuss matter. Son is now asking share on property with another threat of suicide. Sisters are ready to let go their share in property if any. Family is in so much stress. How can we safely separate him even if father has to give him money and ensure no legal issue if (god forbids) he takes any idiotic suicide step. Please suggest.

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 March 2021

Please post essential facts.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 March 2021

What is your locus standi / concern ?

Be specific to the query vis-a-vis facts.

aurora   22 March 2021

Thanks for response. My concerns are...

1.) What can be done to protect all family members against suicide threats?

2.) What if their son attempts to suicide and tries to implicate everyone else in family. How can we safeguard family? The problem is that Son's wife is also supporting him with their eyes on property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register