LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

poonam khurana   02 April 2023

suicidal/law threat

I'm a adult whenever I talked about studying outside of city or country my mom and her sister threat me with suicide or law

what are my rights and what to do when we get suicidal threats?


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 April 2023

You cannot compromise your desire or ambition just because of such flimsy suicidal threats.

You cnnot be a slave to their entimental threats, you are an adult you can very well take a decision which you consider to be the best for your career and future.

Even if they attempt suicide for this reason you cannot be held for abetment of suicide hence you can proceed as per your own decision.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 April 2023

what happens if you get a job outside city. 

Shakti Maan (lawyer at Supreme Court delhi 9650334626)     07 April 2023

You give a written complaint to the nearest police station about the threats... then police will call both the parties and make them understand about your situation... and even after that they do the same then FIR can be lodged u/s 506 ipc for criminal intimidation...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register