IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajib (area sales manager)     20 January 2023

Suggestion on rent

My opp flat owner is not staying in the complex and just few months back he let out his flat for commercial activity to garment stiching unit with around 10-12 labourers .We remaining 5 flat owners objected to it and complained to gmc .but after that they told they will vacate and after 2 months of waiting they vacated. Though we are not registered society but we the 5 remaining  flat owners we have decided to let out flat to only families, but this person is not agreeing and now he wants to let it to 5-6 bachelor guys which will really create nuisance in the building as you know the charecteristics of bachelors  . So how can we prevent him from doing so .pls advice any way out


 1 Replies

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     20 January 2023

At the first all of you form a residential flats owner society of yourself and get registered. In respect of the lone flats owner you may serve him a notice of formation of the society to invite and be one of the members. In the event , he refused to become a member what you can take action against him. In your instant case, thereafter you can draft the bylaws of your choice then, that lone member violate you can intiate legal actions. Moreover, even the society is not formed, the other neghbour flats reserve their rights to ask him not to let the batchelors in interest of all the other members or owners of the flat building.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query