LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aditya (.)     03 November 2014

Suggest me please

Sir after my grandfather death,our ancestors property was divided among .my father,uncle,aunt1,aunt2,my grand my grandmother wants her share in my name because after her death her share will be again divided into  4 part and she didn't want what will a goodway a will or gift deed or anything else.please along the way also state the procedure. It will be a great help to me


 2 Replies

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     03 November 2014

1. She can either execute & register a Gift Deed in your favour or execute a Will,


2. In case of Gift Deed, the title of the property will be immediately be transferred to you on its registration and in case of will it will be transferred to you after her demise,


3. Will need not be registered but it requires a probate to be taken from the court after the demise of  the executor & this process id cumbersome. Such probate application can be challenged by others,


4. Registered Gift Deed is always preferred to will.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 November 2014

For the immediate relief, a registered gift deed will be best solution instead of the share of property bequeathed through  Will, which may again be challenged by other share holders and unnecessary litigation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query