Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahulsikkoo (me)     03 July 2014

Succession from female hindu mothers property

sir,

i live in a house of my maternal grandfather and maternal grandmother my mother was the only daughter of them. the house was in the name of my nani (maternal grandmother ) after her death in 1982, the property came into the name of my mother now my mother died in 2007. she had two sons and a daughter of a predeciesd daughter who lives with her father, and her husband. how the property will be devided.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 July 2014

Incomplete information, what is your query?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 July 2014

Upon the death of your mother, the intestate property which she inherited from her mother, shall devolve equally upon all her legal heirs.   In this case, her legal heirs are, he two sons, heirs of predeceased daughter and her husband (if he is alive).  Now you decide who are all are your mother's legal heirs.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     05 July 2014

---You have not mentioned your religion.  Assuming you are hindus, the position is as follows:

On the death of your Maternal Grand Mother , the 50% share will go to your Maternal Grand Father and 50% share will go to your deceased mother. 

Out of this 50% share 12.5% share will go to each son and 12.5% to predeceased daughter and 12.5% share will go to husband of deceased mother.

For any other doubts contact ravinder2345@gmail.com.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register