LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnaiah Krishnsiah   27 March 2022

Succession certificate

A person having 200 shares of a company and face value is rs.10 per share and market value rs.4500 per share.but unfortunately he died leaving his wife and a son with out any will. Now they have to get succession certificate from the honourable court. What is the court fee and how to calculate whether it is on the face value or marker value?
I request all the learned experts give a suitable advice on this.
Thanq in advance.

Learning

9 Replies

G Krishna Rao (Advocate)     27 March 2022

The Court Fee for getting Succession Certificate is 5% upto Rs.100000/- and 6% exceeds Rs.100000/-.  

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     27 March 2022

Hello,

Court fees differs fron state to state. In Maharashtra it will be Rs. 75000/-. 

1 Like

G Krishna Rao (Advocate)     27 March 2022

Yes. it is correct. He did not mention from which state he has to obtain the certificate. I replied with regards tot he State of Telangana.

Krishnaiah Krishnsiah   27 March 2022

I am sorry experts, our state is telengana 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 March 2022

I agree with experts, court fees is a State subject, consult a local prudent lawyer for professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Krishnaiah Krishnsiah   28 March 2022

Dr.J C Vashista ,Expert,

Thanq very much for your advice is an absolute right, but my question is that,for the purpose of filing a petition in the honourable court either face value to be taken or the market value of the shares?

Hope to hear soon from all the learned experts. 

Thanq 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 March 2022

Market value to be taken for the purpose of getting certificate from the court. As per SEBI guidelines, in case of paper shares, if the value of a share held by the deceased is more than Rs. 2,00,000/- we should obtain succession certificate. It is mandated by SEBI Guideline and District Judge is the judicial authority to issue succession certificate

Krishnaiah Krishnsiah   28 March 2022

Chary garu ,

Thanq very much for your valuable response .

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 March 2022

I, respectfully disagree with the opinion and advise of expert Mr. Rama Chary Rachakonda as the court fees has to be paid on the face (but not market) value of share(s) being transferred.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More