LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridhevi (education)     28 May 2024

Submitting documents in criminalcase

We had filed criminal case against my vendor who cheated us by showing false boundaries

Public prosecutor is not willing to file documents under 242(2) Cr.P .C.She saying she will file at time of arguments with memo

Can I file in party in person.Please guide


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 May 2024

Your ase is being prosecuted by the public prosecutor because it is a state prosecuted ase.

You are a defacto complainant hence you cannot appear as party in person in this case.

If you want to mark certain documentary evidences from your side then you can file them at the time of witness deposition of evidence 

If the PP is not taking step to file the desired document as evidence then yo can request the court to file them as your side document during chief examination if court allows

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     29 May 2024

Yes, you can file documents through a local lawyer if PP is not cooperating.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register