LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kuntal0000 (xyz)     13 November 2022

Stop sell on shared property without knowledge

i have share on a agricultural land in west bengal which is in my father name

my brother's are planning to sell their share without distribution /bontonamma being done ą„¤they may sell the cream part of the land and leaving the rest to me

1) How to stop this sell of my brother's portion without distribution being done
2) i don't stay in the district where the land is present ..can i file case from another district or state


 4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 November 2022

Is your father alive?  Whether the property is your father's self-acquired or ancestral?  Incomplete facts.

1 Like

Kuntal0000 (xyz)     13 November 2022

father is dead .and the property is ancestral ..more than 200/300 yrs ...

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 November 2022

 ( 1 ) File suit for partition of land along with petition for temporary injunction and get restrained your brother for alienation/transfer of land.

 ( 2 )  Suit has to be filed at the place where property is situated.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 November 2022

A coparcener can have a claim over the entire ancestral property of his family if he is the sole surviving coparcener of the family. When there are multiple coparceners, he is only entitled to one share of the property. A coparcener can claim his share by asking for the partition of the ancestral property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register