LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr UMESH halkar   23 January 2024

Stay order on construction of building


I have  purchased  plot at RERA approved Senior  citizen  township  and enter into agreements for construction  and maintenance and service. 

2. After completion of construction  of building and got completion  certificate  from  Panchayat officer. But  major  construction  deficiency  are noted but  builder  refused  to do it nor  compensate  like  car parking ,STP and drainage system. Due to retirement  urgency   I occupied .

3 Now  I have  issued  legal notice to  panchayat officer on non compliance  of major deficiency of my building and layout  and issued notice to builder to stop construction of  new building  until  completion of layout in all respect and  permission  for senior citizen  township and gated community. But no use. 

4.Now how to get  stay order  to stop construction .whether from   consumer court or Judicial  court. 






 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 January 2024

Nothing prevented you from approaching RERA with a complaint against the builder for the incomplete work and deficiencies therein. 

You can approach consumer redressal commission as well seeking relief and compensation 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     24 January 2024

You have both the options to settle the disputes / deficiency i.e., file a complaint before jurisdictional RERA or Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register